The various War Hospital Supply Depots were run by private individuals. The Hathersage Red Cross Auxiliary Hospital Supply Depot was run from Hall Cottage, Hathersage, by Mrs Winder. (Listed as the ‘Township Leader’ in Red Cross records.) She was married (Jane Wells) to Charles Aston Winder, about Aug 1879 in Newport, Monmouth and mother of Basil Hathornthwaite Winder, above. She died age 80 in 1923. In the Red Cross records her husband was shown as being responsible for all repairs and carpentering at the Hathersage Hospital.