ă In August 1917 he was 410028 Sgt., R.A.M.C. 69 General Hospital, based in Palestine. He was later at Hathersage Red Cross Hospital and he subsequently became a cadet in the R.A.F., until finally transferred and commissioned 2/Lt in the Dorsetshire Regt. b 1892 at Rochdale. 1911C in Sheffield, a chemist’s assistant. 1918 absent voters lists him at the Red Cross Hospital, Hathersage, and then his address on his Medals Roll in 1920 was given as ‘Belmont’, (Jaggers Lane), Hathersage. However by the end of 1921 his address was 14 Bishopholme Road, Sheffield.